There are two ways to get a date one month later in PHP
- By using the date function
- By using the DateTime::modify
Illustration of the example using the date() function to get a date one month later in PHP
- We will use the date() function to get the date in a specific format.
- We will use the strtotime() function inside the date() to convert the date value in the timestamp.
Illustration of the example using the DateTime::modify
- We will use the DateTime() function to create the DateTime object from the given date.
- We will use the modify() function with the date object.
<?php $date1 = '2020-06-01'; echo 'The given date is: '.$date1; echo '<br>'; //Now, we can get the date one month later from the above date echo 'The date after one month later is: '.date('Y-m-d',strtotime('+1 month',strtotime($date1))); echo '<br>'; //The above example will output: '2020-07-01'; //Alternative method using the datetime::modify $date2 = new DateTime('2020-06-01'); $date2->modify('+1 month'); echo $date2->format('Y-m-d'); //The above example will output: '2020-07-01'; ?>
Also Read, PHP difference between two dates in years, months and days
Conclusion:- I hope this tutorial will help you to understand. If you want to know more about the date function visit here.
2 thoughts on “How to Get a Date One Month Later in PHP”
Hi there, I log on to your new stuff daily. Your writing style is awesome,
keep up the good work!
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and
in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you
access consistently quickly.